Tuesday 11 October 2016

Hello JK parents!

I hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend and Thanksgiving! I sure did and ate lots of food!

We had a visit from The Dairy Farmers of Peel, they had a great presentation that included answering a few of the student's questions: "Where do cows come from?", "Where does milk come from?", "How is milk made?."  The students demonstrated examples of IB Attributes 1) Inquirers and 2) Thinkers.
Here are a few more things we did today:
Sharing Circle- We talked about what we did during our long weekends and Thanksgivings.
Daily 5-The students had the opportunity to look at books individually or with a partner in the Book Area.
French-Ms. Hou got the the students engaged with a fun counting and colour game, using chairs.
Language-The letter we learned more about today, was the letter R.  The students practiced their letter recognition, phonetic and printing skills.
Math- The students were introduced to our new Math focus, Data Management.  We worked as a class and graphed "Our Favorite Things to Do in Fall."

Reminders:
-I will be contacting parents this week regarding students end of Unit parent communication.  If you have not already informed me about your request regarding a phone call or email, please let me know my tomorrow via email (jblair@stjudesacademy.com), in person or your child's agenda.  I will be communicating with parents starting on Wednesday, if you have not sent in a request, I will be contacting you by email.

Our special guest from Dairy Farmers Peel!
Learning about the letter R!

No comments:

Post a Comment